Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Home at Last

 
The last few days in London were definitely very relaxed. On Friday we went to the town of Cambridge, which is on the river Cam and we had free time to wander around and do what we wanted. We ended up going "punting" which was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Thanks for making us go Danielle!!! Our tour guide was awesome at his job and made the trip up the river very interesting. One of the colleges, Kings College was used in the first Harry Potter movie (yes I am a nerd and I do like Harry Potter, so that made my day).
On Saturday we had a free day so a few of us went to check out the British Museum, and after that we had a picnic in Hyde Park. It was a great day for a picnic, even though by that time I was very tired of the weird combinations they call sandwiches. That evening as a group we went to the "Medieval Banquet" which was a four course meal and they had entertainment and singing which was kinda cool. After that got over it was time to finish my packing so we could head out in the morning!!!!
We sat in the Heathrow airport for a good 4 to 5 hours because Omaha had the first flight out and they wouldn't fit on just one bus. But we entertained ourselves by playing cards, simple games like Go Fish, Old Maid, and Crazy Eights...It was fun and made the time pass quickly. Our Flight took about 8 1/2 hours because we had to detour south because of the volcano erupting in Iceland. When we landed in Chicago the very first thing I did was buy a "real" Dt. Pepsi because the pop over in London isn't even close to tasting like ours. We were originally supposed to leave Chicago at 8:00 pm then it got delayed to 10 pm, but didn't get off the runway until closer to midnight because of all the nasty weather that was going on. We finally made it to Denver about 2 am. and didn't get to Chadron until 7 am, I had been up for over 30 hours by this time, but I was soooo very excited to be home that I couldn't sleep. I took a little nap from about 9:30 to 2:30...went to bed at 8:30 that night and slept until 8 the next morning. I think that I am finally over my jet lag, and getting back into my old routine.























Oh yea...I forgot to mention that on Thursday I got to hold one of the Olympic Torches from the Vancouver games!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment